The managed care model has seen huge growth in the pharmaceutical industry in the US. It is estimated that 85% of all prescription drugs are today reimbursed through a managed care plan, and the remaining 15% of cash paid prescriptions is still shrinking. This proportion is even higher for expensive new specialty pharmaceuticals. Managed markets are the dominant channel for pharmaceutical firms and ensuring unfettered access to their drugs is a critical competitive advantage that could spell the difference between commercial success or failure of the drug.
Managed Markets Analytics for Pharma – Prescription for Intelligence Print
Created by: Brian Lederman
Modified on: Tue, 9 Feb, 2021 at 6:54 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.