This section enables the LSAC App Admin user to register a third-party or a stand-alone app. The registered apps are available to customers on a subscription basis. Once an app is registered, it can be published, making it visible to potential customers on the LSAC Marketplace module. The process of registering an app enables the LSAC App Admin user to add relevant details, pertaining to the app, that would help the potential customer to take the next steps for subscription.
To register an app, follow the steps below:
- Login into the LSAC application as an LSAC app admin user.
- On the Administration tab, that appears on the Platform Left Navigation Bar, select App Registration.
- Click +Register App that appears at the top right corner of the screen.
- On the App Details page, fill in the following fields:
- App Name: Allows you to enter a unique alphanumeric app name.
- App Category: Allows you to select the category in which the app falls under - i) Business Analytics, ii) Submission Workflow, iii) Data Management.
- App Type: Allows you to select the type of app from i) Custom App - If the app is a stand-alone app, ii) LSAC App - If the app is a Saama home-grown app, iii) LSAC Module - If the app is a collection of multiple home-grown apps.
- Tenancy: Allows you to select the app to be i) Single - Supporting one client at a time, ii) Multi - Supporting multiple clients at the same.
- App Description: Allows you to enter introductory details about the app. The app description can also contain links to other pages.
- App Logo: Click Browse to upload an image of the app logo.
- App Features: Allows the user to enter key features of the app. The app features can also contain links to other pages.
- Image/Video for App Features: Allows the user to facilitate text with images or videos that would reveal details about the app, more easily or effectively. Click Browse or the Upload icon to upload the images and videos.
- Click Next > to move to the next page of the app registration wizard. You can click Previous, that appears at the bottom left of the screen, to go to the previous page to modify any detail of the app.
- On the Section page, fill in the following details:
- Screenshots: Allows you to attach multiple screenshots that would give a good idea about the ease of use and UI of the app.
- Add Metadata for App Marketplace Showcase: Allows the user to highlight the implementation of the app under different sections. Every section can be supported by images/videos and text. You can also add new sections by clicking +Add.
- Click Next > to move to the final page of the app registration wizard. You can click Previous, that appears at the bottom left of the screen, to go to the previous page to modify any detail of the app.
- On the Resource page, fill in the following fields:
- Resource Name: Allows you to enter the name of the resource material that provides more information about the app.
- Resource Type: Allows you to enter a website link in URL option or to upload a document in Document option. You can click +Add to add more website links or more document resources for the app.
- Click Preview to get a 'page-view' summary of all the details entered of the app. Click Close Preview, that appears at the top right corner of the page to exit preview.
- Click Save to save the app details. The app is not published yet and hence it is not available for view in the Marketplace Showcase. It is always recommended to save the app before publishing it.
- Click Publish to publish the app. It will then be available for view to all potential customers and will also be seen, by the App Admin, in the App Registration module as published.
Once the app is saved, the app admin user can see the app under App Management, as shown below.