The Top/Bottom N Rank function returns the top or bottom N values of the selected field. "Non-Threshold values" and "Display Type" options provide a clear understanding of the function.
Follow the example below to create a top/bottom N rank list:
Follow the example below to create a top/bottom N rank using a data set.
- Login as an authorized user.
- Click on the Plus sign that appears at the top right corner and select Report.
- On the New Report window, click on a view that will form the basis of your analysis. Here, for instance, the Dispositions view is selected.
- On the report interface, add your required data fields. Ensure that you have a metric function.
- To drag a data field in the Columns box, expand one of the folders that appear in the left pane of the report interface window and by using the click-and-drag method on the columns, populate the Columns box. You can use the search box presented above the folders to search for a specific column. Here, for instance, Study ID, Subjects Enrolled are selected.
- Open the field menu on the Subjects Enrolled column and select Advanced Function.
- Under Select Function, select Analysis.
- Select Top/Bottom N Rank in the succeeding drop-down box. You can also search for the function in the search box above the drop-down and provide the following inputs:
- Display only in charts: Enable this toggle key to display the ranking only in charts. This hides the field on the report table, but you will still be able to see and edit it through the Column/Rows list. This allows you to create additional copies of a field to apply functions for graphical purposes, without cluttering your table with extra fields.
- Threshold: Allows you to enter the limit or boundary count for the top or bottom list.
- User Prompt: Enable the user prompt to see the threshold limit in the filter pane.
- Direction: Select the directional view of ranking, either Top or Bottom.
- Non-Threshold values: Select to Truncate or Suppress the values that do not meet the threshold limit. Truncating would provide an approximate value to the number and Suppress would not consider the values that do not meet the threshold limit.
- Display Type: Select Rank to label rows listing the top or bottom N values in ranking order. Select Actual Value to display the actual top or bottom values in the ascending order.
- Click Save to save the changes. The resultant data set is shown below. Here the display type 'Rank' is chosen.