Advanced Functions are used to transform results by applying post processing calculations to the initial query results.
The Percentage of Segment function gives the percentage of a subtotal for a dimension segment.
The formula used for calculating percentage of segment is as follows:
(Column Value / Subtotal (column))*100
Note: Subtotal is calculated on the dimension that we will select in the Dimension box of the Percentage of Segment function.
Follow the example below to create a percentage of segment report using a data set.
- Login as an authorized user.
- Click on the Plus sign that appears at the top right corner and select Report.
- On the New Report window, click on a metric view that will form the basis of your analysis. Here, for instance Disposition is selected.
- On the report interface, add your required data fields. Ensure that you have a metric and a date field function to generate this report.
- To drag a data field in the Columns box, expand one of the folders that appear in the left pane of the report interface window and by using the click-and-drag method on the columns, populate the Columns box. You can use the search box presented above the folders to search for a specific column. Here, for instance, Study Name, Site Country, Subjects Screened are selected.
- Open the field menu of Sum Subjects Screened column and select Advanced Function.
- Select Analysis under Select Function and then select Percentage of Segment in the succeeding drop-down box. You can also search for the function in the search bar that is present above the drop-down.
- Dimension: Select the column (dimension) on which you want to calculate the percentage of the metric.
- Percentage or Rate: Select Percentage or Rate to show the results in percentage value or the rate at which the metric is being achieved on that dimension.
- Click Save to save the changes. The resultant report is shown below.
- Open the field menu on the column that displays the percentage and open the field menu and select Format and then Edit. In the Column Formatting pop up window, enter the percentage sign (%) in the Suffix box.
- Click the cross icon to save the changes. The resultant report is shown below.