Advanced Functions are used to transform results by applying post processing calculations to the initial query results.
The Accumulative Percentage Against Column will calculate the percentage of the field running totals against other field running totals.
(Running totals of field which is added in advanced function / Running totals of field on which advanced function is applied ) * 100
Follow the example below to apply this function on a data set:
- Login as an authorized user.
- Click on the Plus sign that appears at the top right corner and select Report.
- On the New Report window, click on a metric view that will form the basis of your analysis. Here, for instance, Disposition is selected.
- On the report interface, add your required data fields. Ensure that you have a dimension and two metric fields.
- To drag a data field in the Columns box, expand one of the folders that appear in the left pane of the report interface window and by using the click-and-drag method on the columns, populate the Columns box. You can use the search box, presented above the folders, to search for a specific column. Here, for instance, Study Name, Site Region, Sum Subjects Consented, and Sum Subjects Withdrawn are selected.
- Open the field menu of the Sum Subjects Withdrawn and select Advanced Function.
- On the Advanced Function tab, in the Select Function box, select Analysis.
- Select Accumulative Percentage Against Column in the succeeding drop-down box. You can search for the function by entering text into the search box that appears above the drop-down.
- Provide the following inputs:
- Column: Allows you to select the column name against which you want to calculate the accumulative percentage. Here, for instance, it is Sum Subjects Consented.
- Click Save to save the changes. The resultant report appears as shown below.
|Note: Enter a percentage symbol (%) in the Suffix box by opening the field menu of the Accumulative Percentage column and then clicking on Format and then Edit.|
- Click Publish to save the report in the desired folder.