A new advanced function has been added that displays the result of the truncated difference of two metric columns.
The Difference Truncate Advanced Function displays the result of the difference of two selected columns. Also it truncates the Data Set, removes N rows from either the top or bottom of the data set.
Formula to apply Difference Truncate function:
Advanced function implemented Column Value - Selected Metric Column Value
Follow the example to use the Difference Truncate function on a data set.
- Login into the LSAC application as an authorized user.
- Open KPI Studio from My Apps tab in the platform left navigation bar.
- Click on the Plus sign that appears at the top right corner and select Report.
- On the New Report window, click on a metric view that will form the basis of your analysis. Here, for instance Disposition is selected.
- On the report interface, add your required data fields. Ensure that you have at least one dimension field and two metric columns.
- To drag a data field in the Columns box, expand one of the folders that appear in the left pane of the report interface window and by using the click-and-drag method on the columns, populate the Columns box. You can use the search box, presented above the folders, to search for a specific column. Here, for instance, Study Name, Subject Consented, and Subjects Enrolled are selected.
- Open the field menu of the column on which you would want to implement the advanced function - Difference Truncate.
- On the Advanced Function tab, in Select Function box, select Analysis.
- Select Difference Truncate in the succeeding drop-down box. You can also search for the function by entering the first few letters in the search box visible above the drop-down box.
- Provide the following inputs:
- Metric Column: Allows you to select the other metric column that will be used to calculate the difference.
- Truncate Rows: Allows you to specify if rows should be truncated or not.
- Truncate Method: Allows you to specify the approach used to truncate the resultant values. A value occurring more than once will be repeated irrespective of the truncate limit specified. You can choose from:
- Top: Displays the top values up to the given truncate limit.
- Bottom: Displays the bottom values up to the given truncate limit.
- Greater Than: Displays the data that is greater than the truncate limit.
- Less Than: Displays the data that is less than the truncate limit.
- Greater Than Absolute Value: Displays the data that is greater than the absolute value mentioned irrespective of the positive or negative sign that precedes the number.
- Less Than Absolute Value: Displays the data that is less than the absolute value mentioned irrespective of the positive or negative sign that precedes the number.
- Truncate Limit: Allows you to specify the truncate limit that is applied to the resultant values.
- Click Save to save the changes.
- The resultant report is shown below.
- Click Publish to save the report.