A Dynamic Filter Value feature is added under Filter formatting for Dimensions. A Dynamic Filter Value configuration is now possible for dimension filters. This automatically selects the first filter value, when the default value is not available to the user, for instance, in case of access filter restrictions.
Follow the example below to use the Dynamic Filter Value feature on a new report or on an existing report.
- Login as an authorized user.
- Click on the Plus sign that appears at the top right corner and select Report.
- On the New Report window, click on a metric view that will form the basis of your analysis. Here, for instance Disposition is selected.
- On the report interface, add your required data fields. Ensure that you have a metric and a date field function to generate this report.
- To drag a data field in the Columns box, expand one of the folders that appear in the left pane of the report interface window and by using the click-and-drag method on the columns, populate the Columns box. You can use the search box, presented above the folders, to search for a specific column. Here, for instance, Study Name, Site Region, Sum Subjects Enrolled are selected.
- Drag-and-drop the dimension field, Study Name, in the Filters section.
- Click the Filter Formatting icon and in the category Study Name, under the Entry Style tab, select Value List Selection in the Value Entry Method.
- Under Value List Setup, select Cached Values and then click Refresh Now.
- Scroll down the Filter Formatting options and enable the Dynamic Filter Value toggle key.
- Click the cross icon to save the changes. The resultant report is as shown below. You can see that the Study Name column is filtered on the first value.
- Click Publish to save the report. You can also select Save under the Reports tab to save the report.