A dashboard may consist of one or more tabs. Sub tabs could have the same or different templates between them. Note that you may add another sub tab, but it doesn’t have to have the same template as the main dashboard tab.
Working with Sub Tabs
Follow the steps below to explore options with sub tabs.
- Login into the LSAC application as an authorized user.
- Open KPI Studio from My Apps tab in the platform left navigation bar.
- Click the Plus sign that appears at the top right corner of the application and select Dashboard.
- Select Sub Tabs from the left navigation menu.
- Click the plus sign as shown at the bottom of the Sub Tabs panel or you can click the +Create Sub Tab button that appears just above the Sub Tabs left panel to add a new sub tab to the main dashboard, here in the example, Adverse Events.
- You can choose a fixed or a canvas layout for the sub tab. Click Create to create the sub tab.
- You can double-click on the sub tab name to rename it.
- Hover over the sub tab name and you can then either remove it from the dashboard by clicking on the cross icon or you can change the position of the sub tab by drag-and-drop method applied on the double lines that are visible next to the sub tab name (when you hover over it).
- You can access the sub tab menu of every sub tab by clicking on the ellipses symbol next to the sub tab thumbnail that appears in the Sub Tab panel on the left.
- The Sub Tab menu is discussed as follows:
Allows you to change the layout of the selected dashboard. Note that you will lose objects solely supported in the canvas if you change its template to a layout.
Creates a new sub tab next to the selected one.
Brings out a menu to move the sub tab's position in the dashboard. Options include:
- Up: Move the selected sub tab up a position (or to the left).
- Down: Move the selected sub tab
- Move to Beginning: Move the selected sub tab to the beginning of the dashboard.
- Move to End: Move the selected sub tab to the end of the dashboard.
Delete the selected sub tab.
Creates a copy of the selected sub tab.
Sub Tab PropertiesThe properties panel displays properties of any object that is currently selected. To display a sub tab’s properties, select the sub tab you are interested in and then click on the Sub Tab option in the Properties panel. You can then view or edit these properties. See below for a breakdown:
Note: these property options will differ based on the selected dashboard template; the dashboard layouts will have limited properties options, whereas the canvas will have all.
View or update the name of the sub tab.
Canvas Properties Properties available only on a dashboard canvas. Note that these will not be provided for static layouts. Report Menu Show Report Menu
This controls the visibility of the menu that pops up on all reports added to the canvas. Options include:
- Inherit: The report menu will inherit the visibility setting from the admin level. Note that the report menu is also controlled at the admin level, and individual report level.
- Never: (Default selection) The report menu will never appear. Use this to hide the menu from appearing in published dashboards. Note that it still appears on hover in edit mode.
- Always: The report menu will always appear. For static layout dashboard, this will make the menu appear constantly in both edit and published modes; however for canvas dashboards, it will continue to hover in edit mode, and always appear in published mode.
- Hover: The report menu will only appear as long as users hover over it.
Note that the canvas level setting selected here will override the admin level setting.
Enable this toggle to make gridlines appear on the sub tab canvas. These can be used as a guide when laying out widgets.
Specify the size of the grids in the gridlines (in pixels).
Snap to Grid
Enabled this toggle to align all new objects to gridlines. Note: if objects were added prior to enabling this setting, they will not align automatically; they will need to be moved manually.
Allows you to add up to 2 horizontal guidelines on the canvas. These are visual guides that can be moved to aid in the design of your canvas.
Note: you can easily drag a line to a different location.
Allows you to add up to 2 vertical guidelines on the canvas. These are visual guides that can be dragged to aid in the design of your canvas.
Allows you to display rulers across the top and left of your canvas, which can be used to place guidelines more accurately.
Specify the width of the sub tab canvas.
Specify the height of the sub tab canvas.
Shrink to fit
Click on this to shrink the canvas size to the minimum size to fit all current objects. This will remove unnecessary whitespace from the canvas.
Enable this toggle to lock the size of the dashboard canvas. This will prevent the canvas from being manually dragged or resized.
Specify a background color for the sub tab canvas. Click to select a color; this brings up the color picker.