Code widgets are custom UI objects, designed to allow users to bring external app experiences into dashboards and create re-usable low code/no code widgets for other dashboard authors. KPI Studio includes some out-of-the-box code widgets and action buttons, which are both explained in this section.
Note: These widgets are only supported in the canvas layout. These cannot be added to other types of dashboard layouts.
Code widget examples
The following types of code widgets are available. See the table below for a description of each, and the sections following the table for further information.
Code Widget type
|Associated Reports||Add relevant reports as links rather than displaying them.|
|Videos||Embed videos from popular online video platforms including YouTube, TED, Dailymotion, and Vimeo.|
This widget provides an easy way to add videos to dashboards and presentations using a URL as a video source. The video widget can be used to share videos from popular video platforms including YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo and TED (Talks).
Add a video to a dashboard
In dashboard preview and publish modes, all videos can be viewed like any embedded video.
In dashboard edit mode, videos cannot be viewed, and videos from Vimeo and TED won’t display a custom preview image.
- Log into the LSAC application as an authorized user.
- Open KPI Studio from My Apps tab in the platform left navigation bar.
- Click the plus sign that appears at the top right corner of the window and select Dashboard.
- Select Widgets from the left navigation pane to expand its panel.
- Drag and drop the Videos option onto the canvas dashboard.
- Under Video Properties panel that appears on the right, in the Video URL box, paste a URL to a video (for example, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKP7jQknGjs)
Depending on the video platform, the video placeholder on your dashboard will change to either a preview image, like this:
...or a generic graphic, like this:
- To resize the video, drag and drop any corner of the widget placeholder.
- Click Preview Mode, on the dashboard, to see the video on a bigger canvas space.
- Click on the video to trigger it to play.