Dashboards can also contain links to relevant reports, rather than fully displaying them. These reports are generally detailed reports that are too granular or complex for use on a Dashboard; they can be added as links to provide additional, supporting information related to the Dashboard content.
Adding Associated Reports
This feature is provided as a Code Widget. It’s supported on both types of dashboard sub tabs: canvas, and static layouts.
- Log in to the LSAC application as an authorized user.
- Open KPI Studio from My Apps tab in the platform left navigation bar.
- Click the plus sign that appears at the top right corner of the window and select Dashboard.
- Add reports to the dashboard from the Reports tab in the left navigation pane.
- Select Widgets from the left navigation pane to open its panel.
- Drag and drop the Associated Reports option onto the dashboard. You can resize it and reposition it on the dashboard. Note: This option can be added to a static layout panel, global side containers, or the canvas.
- The Associated Reports widget can be seen with a container titled Drag a report here.
- Select the Reports tab to open its panel and drag and drop a report from the Reports panel into the container when it is highlighted.
- The report name is now displayed as a link inside the widget Associated Reports.
- You can add multiple associated reports to the same panel. Repeat the above steps to do so.
- To delete an associated report, hover over its link, and click on the delete icon.
- To rearrange reports in the list, click on the icon and drag it to any order in the list.